Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Spokeo. Ripoff

I cancelled my membership to Spokeo (search ) but they keep charging my card 14.95, I call them and they cancel again , then in 3 months the charge appears again. Don't fall for this Scam. Also the information that I requested was all out of date or there was no info available. They will not refund the new charges all they say you can use the service for another 3 months-there is No Service provided so why would anyone want to keep dishing out money. Nowhere in there service agreement does it say that you can never stop them from charging my card. I suppose the only way to handle it is to get a new card issued. That's a hassle but if that's the only way it will be done

Dear PissedConsumer User,

We apologize for any misunderstanding and certainly wish to clarify.

During the Spokeo People Search purchase process, a promotion for a 30 day free trial of the Spokeo Friends feature is offered.

The Spokeo Friends feature aggregates data from multiple social media products allowing users to view their friends’ latest updates, posts, pictures, and more in one convenient location. If a customer wishes to activate this free trial during the Spokeo Premium purchase process, they must click on a check-box to agree to the terms of use for the trial and additionally click on the “Start Free Trial” button to enroll. Should a customer wish to decline this offer, there is a "No Thanks" button that lets the customer bypass the trial and proceed directly to their Spokeo People Search subscription.

If the free trial is not disabled before the end of the trial period, the subscription automatically renews to prevent service interruption.

We try to make this renewal process clear on the Spokeo Friends purchase page by including it in the disclaimer which must be agreed to before the purchase can be processed. This information is also included in the confirmation receipt sent immediately after payment.

Review
Cons
  • No info and continue to bill
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Preferred solution
Full refund

People Search Review

I gave the email address and it actual name they told me they had lots of stuff Absolutely nothing but an old address wrong email everything was wrong. They make it sound great. But it's nit.
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Spokeo in South Farmingdale, New York - I too canceled and they still charge my card

The customer service rep (Breanna) was rude and refused to refund my money. This is fraud and the Ceo and owners should all be held acountable and pay restitution. This company needs to be shut down. A class action lawsuit should be opened against them how do they continue to stay in business? I work hard for my money and am very pissed about this. Are there any lawyers that take this please contact me. My email is ddogusmc@gmail.com. I am filing a report with my local police department and also with the Better Business Beuro . This company needs to be shut down!

Dear Spokeo User,

Thank you for your message. I apologize for your negative experience and can assure you we are more than willing to assist with a refund.

Unfortunately I was unable to locate an account with us under the email address provided. Please contact our support team at customercare@spokeo.com and we will be happy to assist you.

Spokeo

@Spokeo

I have had the same issue with these thieves so far they have scammed me for nearly $200 I have emailed them on countless times, with the same reply, please submit the following information which I do not have as I don't know what they are on about. I have however supplied my user I'd I'm sure they can locate the necessary information from this to address my request to stop

stealing my money.

Unfortunately I am based overseas but

visit the US frequently and on my next visit I shall be paying them a visit

View more comments (1)
Review
#502066 Review #502066 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Spokeo stolen my credit card

I went to Spokeo.com to look for a friend's phone number and address. On their pay site, I entered my credit card and purchased momthly membership on Dec 2013 . I was fine paying for it. As following Spokeo instruction, I canceled the membership on Jan 2014. Now , I got 5 credit card statements for last 5 month for almost $100 on my credit card! Spokeo.com took my credit card, charged it and then charged it again without my consent. That which angers me most is I try to contact them several time via email on their contact page, and did not get any response. this is a scam site. far away from them !!!

Dear Spokeo User,

I'm sorry to hear that you are seeing a charge after you cancelled. This could mean that your account currently is still active. Please contact us at customercare@spokeo.com or by phone at 1 (888) 906-0850 so we may look into this and assist you further.

Spokeo

Loss

The website Spokeo.... lying bastards that will rip you off!

So you are looking for a website for your company that will allow you to find clients email addresses, phone numbers, etc. DON'T USE SPOKEO! When you go to sign up they tell you that it is only 2.95 a month. Well, what they don't tell you is that they have different options that will give you access to more stuff. They wait and tell you this AFTER you pay for the lowest option available. Then tell you that your 'quota' for the month is up, and to UPGRADE! Guess what that means.... MORE MONEY! So here's to Spokeo, and they are right, it's not your grandma's white pages...It's your grandma's *** pages. Don't let yourself be spammed by this company!

Dear Spokeo User,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I do apologize for any confusion and would be happy to clarify.

Premium subscriptions now allow customers to customize and tailor their own subscription to better suit their searching needs. For this reason each search type has been separated and can be added to an existing subscription as needed. This information is included as part of the “Plan Specifications” section of the disclaimer that needs to be agreed to before a purchase can be processed.

I do apologize again if this was unclear in any way. Please contact us directly at customercare@spokeo.com so that we can assist you further.

Steven

Email: https://www.spokeo.com/contact

Phone: 1 (888) 906-0850

The guys claim to have tons of results, they told me they had 85 records for an email address. I paid my $18, only to find the only record they had was a facebook page, which I was already aware of. Waste of time and money.

They don't respond to email either.

View more comments (1)