1.7

Spokeo Services is just a fraud !!!!! I get subscription and paid $29.99 .

when I started searching information, all data were wrong, incorrect phone numbers and addresses even trying my personal information and I tried different numbers and names just in case but not, Next day I called Spokeo , to ask for return of my money and they said no !! its already paid and I can use that sh... until nov'17 !!! then they send me an email confirming they are not going to return any money !!

People, don't loose money with this thief. Why people open business to lie ??

They offer a lot of sh.. but true is something else.

Review about: Spokeo Subscription.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Its a fraud.

Comments

Unfortunately the complainant loses any credibility with me. It would be different however, if they were able to speak/write the English language properly. Not doing so, tells me it's very possible and probable they could not understand what they were purchasing.

This is true....I signed up for a special, 4.95 a month...They fail to tell you you have to pay for 6 months, 29.95...When I looked up myself, friends, they were wrong...This is a scam...

to Anonymous #1352179

Dear Spokeo User,

We're sorry to hear you feel this way. Please allow me to explain about Spokeo.

We are a search engine that specializes in finding people. Many of our customers have had the opportunity to reunite with lost family, friends, and loved ones, and that is something we are proud to be a part of. When someone signs up for one of our services, the payment page will display a price much like the one you saw at $4.95. This is actually the average amount it would cost to use Spokeo's services on a monthly basis.

The details of exactly how much someone will be billed is displayed in our Terms of Use disclaimer. In your case, for example, it states clearly that you would be billed $29.70 every 6 months until the subscription is cancelled. We make this very clear by detailing it on our payment page, and including it in the disclaimer which must be agreed to before purchases will be processed. In addition, the information is included in the confirmation receipt sent immediately after payment, as well as in our Terms of Use.

I do apologize again if this was unclear in any way. Feel free to call us anytime 24/7 at 888-906-0850 should you have any further questions, or concerns regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

Spokeo Customer Care

to Anonymous #1366868

It it CLEARLY POSTED that the $4.95 mo. Is for a 6 month period!

>>>>>>6 month Membership

$4.95/mo

Was $8.95 /mo

BEST DEAL!"

It is also is clearly stated that: "I understand that I will be billed $29.70 today and every 6 months " And must be agreed to by you in order to purchase. Try reading what you see ignore up for.

Pasadena, California, United States #1334340

Dear Spokeo Customer,

Spokeo People Search allows you to search for anyone by Name, Reverse Email, Reverse Phone or Username. Our database covers a multitude of social networks, public records, marketing lists and more to reveal demographic details, public profiles, etc.

Since there is no human involved, the data is not verified and might not be accurate. Moreover, many sources do not refresh their data often. Our Terms of Use states clearly that we are a Search Engine, and do not create, maintain or modify any of the information you see. For this reason, we cannot guarantee full or accurate information for every name, phone number, email address or username you search for, as the results vary so much from person to person.

We want to make sure that your experience with Spokeo Customer Care is a positive one. We would like to thank you for addressing your concerns, and are happy to assist in resolving this issue. We sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding, or any inconvenience this experience has caused.

Please give a member of our Customer Care team a call at 888-906-0850 at your earliest convenience. We are more than happy to help!

Sincerely,